Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

 Addie and Ben were up early as usual, the unusual part is that I was up too!
  I gave them their Valentine's Day presents, a magnifying glass and binoculars and they were a hit.
 They wake up in such good moods, I am so glad they are morning people like their Daddy.
 Everyone was excited about breakfast, heart shaped pancakes, bacon and fruit. Yum.
 Bennett is a big fan of the strawberry milk I picked up too.  I thought the pink milk would round out the meal nicely.
 Addie likes to be a big girl and use her knife and fork to cut her pancakes.
 Addie all dressed in her Valentine's Day outfit.
 I added the ruffle to her jeans, I got the idea at the Urban Market this weekend.
 I was hot gluing her bow as she was walking out the door.
 Trying to recreate the picture from last Valentine's Day proved harder than I thought it would be.
 Unfortunately this was the best picture of all three of them.  How terrible is this?
 After I dropped off the kids at Mother's Day Out  and Preschool with all of their valentines I headed out for some great Mommy time.  I had a wonderful time at Hobby Lobby and then to T J Maxx.  The find of the day was this rug at T J Maxx.  I went to the University of South Carolina for college and I never seen USC gear here in Houston.
 Can you beat this price?  I was so excited to find this, Happy Valentine's Day to me!
 I also picked up this great lantern, I have wanted one and the price was right.
 I love good clearance days at T J Maxx, this great little mercury glass vase was only $1.
 Then it was time for dinner, this was my attempt at a heart shaped pizza.  Addie was quick to tell me that it didn't look like a heart, but I did try.
 Here is dessert, heart shaped rice krispie treats.  Addie and Ben were happy to eat some of their treats from their goody bags from school so Jon, Garrett and I had the rice krispie treats all to ourselves.  I don't know if that is a good thing or not.
 Here is my Valentine from Ben, I love all the hand print art, especially if I don't have to deal with the paint and clean up.
Here is Nannie's Valentine's Gift, unfortunately it is still on its way, so she hasn't seen it yet. 
I hope you all had a very happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: