Saturday, October 6, 2012

My New Toy

Have I ever mentioned that I have the best husband ever?  I have a small Nikon point and shoot that Jon got me for Mother's Day.  I thought that having a smaller camera would make it easier to travel with.  But after being in Norway for a week I realized that I need a camera, a good camera again.  
We tried to order a camera online, but for some reason they would not ship it to Norway.  We decided (after a mini melt down on my part) to look for one in Oslo today.  We found this Nikon D3200 in red. 

I love my new camera and how fast it takes pictures.  I love the light here in Norway, but the smaller camera seemed to have a hard time with auto focus and the lighting.
 This is Addie's new favorite thing to do, play on the iPad.
 A few more quirks about living in Norway, this is our 'big' trash can outside.  It is just inside our gate and there is a bag inside.  We bring our itty bitty little trash bags out to this trash can and then the trash men come into our gate and get our trash once a week.  It hasn't been a problem, but it is interesting the differences between Texas and Norway when it comes to trash.  We had a huge trash can that they picked up twice a week when we lived in Houston.  We do get to recycle here which I really like.
 This is our post box.  It is attached to the garage and just a short walk from the house.
 This is my rental car.  The big kids sit in the back in the third row and Garrett sits in the back seat.  There is just enough room in the very back for our tiny single stroller.  I am not sure what we will do when our double stroller gets here.
 This is Jon's rental car.
He is doing okay.

 This is from our evening walk tonight. This is happy Garrett.
 This is mad Garrett.  I wish I had taken a video of this, he was so mad.
 Jon does grab the camera occasionally, he wants to make sure that there are pictures of me too.
 This flower made me think of Maine.  There are so many things about Norway that make me think of Maine.  The trees and flowers and hills are all so similar to what I grew up with, sometimes I have to remind myself that we are here in Norway.
 I thought this tree was so pretty  It is on a golf course near our house.  I asked Addie and Ben to go stand under the tree so I could take a picture.  Shortly after I took this picture Addie fell down a retaining wall.  It wasn't too tall and she was okay.

I can't believe we are finishing up our first week here in Norway.  We have had a few bumps in the road this week, but really we have been so blessed with how things have worked out.  I am so excited to see what the next year holds here for us in Oslo.

No comments:

Post a Comment