Sunday, November 18, 2012

Back from Venice

We have been busy having a great weekend in Venice!  This was a special trip to celebrate my 30th birthday.  I know, I am the luckiest girl. 
I took a lot of pictures, but here are just a couple until I can got through the other 400 or so.  
This was our view as we flew into Venice.  Addie and I were sitting together and seeing her reaction was great.  
We stayed out on the Lido island so we spent a lot of time going between the islands.

 Crossing the Grand Canal in a traghetto, a gondola that just goes back and forth with passengers.  At just 4 Euros for all five of us to cross it was a great deal and saved us a lot of time.  It was a little scary to try and stand up so I was crouched down in the middle of the boat trying to get this picture.
 I love this picture of my independent girl.  We walked from our hotel to the docks to catch a ferry to the airport.  Addie wanted to help drag one of the suitcases.  She was so cute, she looked like a woman on a mission.
I have a lot more pictures and stories, but they will have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. That's special! One place I have always wanted to go...
    I spent my 25th birthday in Spain and loved it!

    ReplyDelete