Friday, November 9, 2012

Feeling A Lot More Like Home

I am almost done unpacking our house.  I needed to find a desk before I could unpack all of our office equipment.  On Tuesday our new desk was delivered.  The delivery men had to wiggle the desk through the back door.  It made me thankful we didn't bring a lot of our big Texas furniture and try and move it into the house.  I understand why they have to assemble furniture inside the houses and apartments here.  


 Here is our office area.  I love that it is right between the living room and dining room.  We have already started using this space.
 When I got the office a little more organized Garrett was ready to try it out.  He used the little table and actually colored on the paper!

This is the side of our desk.  I love this desk, the man that delivered it commented on how much he liked it.  
 This quilt is the same one that my Nana and my Aunt Wendy made for us.  I love this quilt and it makes this house feel like home.  The metal bird stand and the vase are some of my favorites too, they are also great for organization.
 This is the end of our living room.  I feel like our house is looking less like an Ikea show room and more like our house.
It is funny how just putting a couple of familiar throw pillows in a room can make it feel more like home.  
 This is the end of our dining room.  These are some of my favorite pieces that I brought with me from Texas.
 My favorite room right now is the playroom.  I have always wanted a dedicated playroom for the kids. This room was so much fun to organize.  This side of the room is the dress up area.
 The bookshelf we brought with us from Texas and it holds all of the stuffed animals, trucks, blocks, guns, and puzzles.  We brought a TV and  DVD player with us from the US.  We are in the process of trying to get the right converter so we can play the kids' DVD collection.  Hopefully we will be able to get it working soon.
 This is the entry way.  I love my piece of stained glass and our family portrait is one of my all time favorite things.  This little table is a great landing area for all our gear when we come through the door.
 This little spot in the kitchen is one of my happy places.  I have had this calendar for many years and the little red and white egg salt and pepper shakers were a gift from my mom.


I am so thankful that we are getting settled into our home.  My next project is to work on the bedrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment