Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Getting into the Holiday Spirit

I am so excited that we will be spending Christmas in our house this year.  Unfortunately we didn't bring many of our decorations with us from Texas so all I have to work with are the few things we bought in Norway last year, meaning, not much.  We did go out and find a fake tree.  We considered a real tree, but the image of us tying it to the roof of our car and all the vacuuming that would ensue made the option in the box look pretty good.
Here is a taste of some of our decorating, more Christmas cheer to come.


One new tradition we are doing this year is The Advent Jesse Tree.  With our kids it is so easy to get caught up in the craziness of the season, I really like the devotional book and the focus it helps provide. My goal is to buy a set of ornaments that go along with each day and let the kids open them, but I knew that was too much to have ready for this year.  Instead we are reading the devotion and letting the kids each color an ornament.  Then we are hanging them on a special tree.  I love yesterday's ornament because it shows where each of the kids stand with their coloring.  
I got the ornaments HERE. 

The kids are so happy that it is the Christmas season, Garrett loves watching 'Mismas' movies and I had put them all away until December.  I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season!



No comments:

Post a Comment