Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Brocante Treasures

This past weekend I got to go on a couple of great shopping adventures.  Saturday morning I made it to the Porte de Vanves and Sunday was a Brocante at a local village.  The Porte de Vanves was great as usual, but the brocante stole the show this time around when it comes to deals.   Both shopping trips were planned so that I could go and help show some friends around the markets.  I have spent a significant amount of time maneuvering my way around the different shopping experiences here.  It was fun to share what I have learned with friends and help them find treasures of their own.
Here are a few of my new treasures.
Yes, my tea tasted better out of this beautiful cup.  The cup and saucer were made in Japan and the edge of the cup is amazingly delicate.  

I have amassed quite the collection of copper since moving to France.  This was my latest addition, the utensils inside are so fun!

Loading
I have a new appreciation for copper. This was my find of the day. #france #brocante #vintage #copper #cuivre


Here is my giant new Le Creuset dutch oven.  I found this at the local brocante and I am so glad i had my rolling market bag with me.  It is so heavy there is no way I could have carried it with everything else i got that day.  I am trying to decide what to make first.


I was trying to set up a few things for a photo op and my helper came in to tweak a few things.


This is an aluminum suit case, a demi john from the 1960s, my very first demi john,  and a rusty old French typewriter.


This little guy is getting so big!  Less than 2 weeks until he turns 1.


His hair is too much, I love it.


I hope your week is getting off to a good start.  I am starting the week off with a sick kiddo, it can only go up from here.  

Sharing with


2 comments: